Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Hi,

does anybody know if I may turn off my mac during the sync process on my pegasus r6? Couldn't find any info on the issue..

matoch

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2006
Hi,

does anybody know if I may turn off my mac during the sync process on my pegasus r6? Couldn't find any info on the issue..

I had the same question before i got mine and my conclusion is you can't. If for no other reason as soon as you disconnect the cable the enclosure shuts everything down.

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
ok thanks, gonna try to sleep now with the damn thing running :rolleyes:
LOL, been there done that!

...you could consider buying an OPTICAL Thunderbolt cable and sticking it in another location. They work wonders, and saved my bacon on noise on two R6's (I got an Optical Cables by Corning 10m one: only 100grams, and only 2mm thick, quite amazing for such a cable!). :)

watboy

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2012
I'm setting up a new P2 R8 24th as a Raid 6. I started the synchronization and 40 hours later it was only 93%. Unfortunately, I was using my MBPr and had to take the laptop to a meeting. So I unmounted the drive and disconnected it, but to my surprise, the lights were still blinking. I thought it might continue the sync. Came home from work and it had powered down. Started it back up and relaunched the PromiseUtil. Is there any way to find out if sync is done? All it is saying is that it is no longer syncing, but there's no indication that sync is done. Should I assume all is well? Or start over with new LD?

nMP should arrive on wednesday, so then I can leave it running all day and night till done.

FYI: Black Magic is showing 585MBps write and 730 read on Thunderbolt1. I think thats expected for Raid6.

nosetsuitse

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2014
think so,nMP should arrive on wednesday, so then I can leave it running all day and night till done.
Rbd4ru

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.