turn menu bar text black instead of white

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by adamj575, Oct 8, 2013.

1. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

Ive noticed on lighter backgrounds you cant see the battery percentage or time but on the stock white wallpaper it turns the text black...is there anywhere to do this in the settings or do you just have to get the background light enough it does it on its own?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

That's the answer there :cool:

3. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

well, dang...that kinda sux...ive taken pics of my kid where the top of the pic is in the sunlight but the main part of the pic is not...i guess theres no way to use one of those pics?

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I have some light backgrounds too, but it seems to do a pretty good job of adding enough of a shadow under those menu bar items so that I can see battery status, time, etc..

If it's not doing the same for you, my suggestion would be to go to the photos app, find the photo you want to use, and apply one of the built in filters, there are several that will make the photo slightly darker (granted, they'll change the overall color somewhat, but maybe you'll be ok with that).

I'd give that a try, otherwise, might be out of luck :(

5. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

yeah, ive tried that...i may try to actually edit the photo where it has a built in "shade" at the top to give it more of an ios 6 look...somebody outta make an app for that...lol