turn off art display on iPod Classic?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by philden, Jan 1, 2011.

  1. philden macrumors newbie

    Jul 28, 2010
    Hi all, and Happy 2011. I received my first iPod for Xmas, a Classic. I have loaded lots of music and am enjoying the device. 99% of the tracks I've loaded are from my own CDs, and so there is no art to go with them. Which is fine by me. I have discovered that some of the other 1% do have art, which I have never seen before as I don't use the iTunes options that display it.

    Ideally I would like to turn off the art display completely on the iPod. Is there a hack for this, or a hidden preference? It would be nice to lose the default blank art too, if possible.

    The irritating part of the display is the split-screen menu, where the art drifts around on the right.

    I suspect that there is no neat solution to this, and that my work around will be to delete the art in the files on the iPod via iTunes. But I'd love to be proved wrong!

    Thanks, Phil.
  2. philden thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jul 28, 2010
    I've now deleted all the art from my iPod, and the right side of the screen now displays a musical note with the number of songs underneath. This is acceptable as at least it is static and doesn't drift about.

    If the default image had moved around, I was planning to upload a plain black square as art for one of my files, but this was not necessary.
  3. iMaccore2 macrumors regular

    Mar 2, 2008
    Boston, MA
    I've got the same problem. I have a classic and about half of my music has artwork and the other half doesn't. After you import your CD's into itunes go to Advanced>Get Album Artwork. If the album is available in the itunes store it will grab the artwork for you. A lot of my music is remixes and that sort of thing so I cannot get art for it all. I just want to turn it off. So I would like to give this thread a bump as well as provide you with a possible solution for your problem,

Share This Page