Turn off auto-lock?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by choreo, Dec 19, 2016.

1. choreo macrumors regular

choreo

I am a long-time whiz on Mac OS, but a complete idiot on iOS since I don't use a mobil-phone and recently purchased my first iPad (12.9" iPad Pro). I admit I am having a major challenges getting used to an iOS device after 25 years of working on Mac Desktops exclusively - nothing seems "intuitive" to me.

My question here: Is there a way to turn off this annoying Password re-entry every time I open the cover on my iPad? I work at home and live alone, so I can see no reason for me to have to use my fingerprint and type in a password and hit "Enter" 30 times a day. Is there a way to just turn this feature off?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

You have to have the passcode with Touch ID enabled. But if you can go without it, you can turn that off in Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. Note that any cards associated with Apple Pay are going to be removed aswell.

3. chabig macrumors 68040

You can't turn off the need to prove your identity when you wake up the iPad. But if you use your fingerprint, the passcode isn't required.

Edit: I think Jessica is right. If you are willing to forego the fingerprint, you can turn off the lock.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

You definitely shouldn't have to use your fingerprint and enter a passcode every time your wake up your iPad. If you have a security lock on at all (which is optional) it should be one or the other, not both when the iPad wakes from sleep. If you're OT concerned with unauthorized access, you can easily disable any form of security in the settings under TouchID and Passcode. In fact, you could have skipped setting it up in the first place.