turn off click sound, change wallpaper pic in jailbroken touch 1G 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by CheckMark, Jun 26, 2009.

1. CheckMark macrumors newbie

Hello,

So I upgraded to 3.0 and jailbroke my iPod touch 1G. Everything is fine except when I go to Settings, I can't find a way to turn off the click sound when typing and unlocking the iPod. I remember that there used to be an option to set it to speakers, headphones, or both. It's not under General.

I also can't find how to change the wallpaper under Settings. It's like these options disappeared somewhere...

sorry if this is a dumb newb question, I thought it might be due to my upgrading to 3.0 and jailbreaking the first time.

2. markojug macrumors regular

You can't disable the click sound on an iPod Touch.

To change the wallpaper of your background, just ssh your device and insert the background into a themes folder and apply it.

If you don't know what I am talking about, just Youtube it.

3. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

you can disable the click sounds. just go to Settings > General > Sounds.

for wallpapers just put any pic you want in your photo album, getting them from iTunes or saving them from safari, and you go to the pic you want in your photo album, tap it so the top and bottom bars come up, tap on the little arrow thing in the bottom left, tap "use as wallpaper", move and scale the pic, then tap "set wallpaper. its easy despite all the typing

4. CheckMark thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! However the Sounds tab is still not under General where it normally should be. So I'm still stuck with a noisy iPod touch! Which isn't so bad but in certain times I'd like the sound to be off.