Turn off "Clicking and cursor" on Magic Trackpad?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JesterJJZ, Aug 1, 2010.

1. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Is it possible to disable the "clicking and cursor" aspect of the Pad and only use it for scrolling and gestures?

I would want to use it for my left hand while still having my mouse act as my cursor and clicking device in my right. I just wouldn't want the two to interfere.

Thanks!

2. donjao macrumors member

This is becoming a major request, for all touch input devices for desktops, like tablets and external touchpads. It is wise to write a feature request to Apple and Microsoft directly. I have done this myself, the more people joins me, the faster we get a solution.

3. JesterJJZ thread starter macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

There's no trackpad section so I put it in the Magic Mouse section.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/magicmouse.html

4. JesterJJZ thread starter macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Hmm...anyone know if BetterTouchTool can accomplish this?

5. Kentobentos macrumors member

Using it with my wireless mouse, I am able to control the pointer with the mouse while simultaneously scrolling down the screen with the trackpad...not sure if that is what you were asking about. However with 2 fingers on the pad the left click doesnt respond, although the right click does as well as the center ball click.

6. JesterJJZ thread starter macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

I guess I'm talking about completely disabling the Trackpad from being able to control the pointer or being able to click anything. So it only responds to scrolling and gestures.

7. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

You know i was just going to start a thread on this....

With Lion so gesture orientated i would hope apple will implement this, as using the trackpad solely for gestures makes perfects sense to me.... and i am sure to loads of others.

I adopted the trackpad very early and while i enjoyed using it for a while it never really felt better then the mouse for controlling the pointer.

The Magic Mouse's surface is far too small for all the gesture to work effectively so i would love to see this combo become a reality.

I would go so far as to saying creating a keyboard with the trackpad in place of the number pad would be an awesome device for use with lion.