Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DougTheImpaler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Central Illinois
I have a Logitech MX518 for a mouse. In Mavericks I could disable the Ctrl+click shortcut that replicated right-click. In Yosemite, going to the Mouse preferences doesn't show that option. Is there a way to turn it off? I use VMWare Fusion for work and multi-selecting items on Windows is impossible because Ctrl+click is acting like right-click.

The VMWare app has a preference to turn that shortcut on and off, but it's also not working. Ctrl+clicking the desktop in Yosemite gives me the same right-click menu, so it's not VMWare specific. It's system-wide. I downloaded Logitech's software, but it didn't make a difference and there's no option there. Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 3.20.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 3.20.09 PM.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 508
  • Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 3.20.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 3.20.47 PM.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 339

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
All I could find was reference to another app you can run that will turn it off. Don't know if it will work in Yosmite though.

https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/

Control + click worked for me in the current version of parallels running windows 10.

DougTheImpaler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Central Illinois
Thanks @Tiptizzle. I found that I could turn on an option in Karabiner that would bind Ctrl+L to right-click, which I think would just make it worse instead of better. :eek:

Good to know that it works right in Parallels. Maybe this is an issue VMWare has to fix. I'm on Fusion 7, hopefully they'll address it with a point release.

I also downloaded the Logitech mouse software and I'm trying to figure out if I can bind the Ctrl+click action to one of the mouse 3 or mouse 4 buttons. Haven't figured that one out yet either.

DougTheImpaler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Central Illinois
A final data point:

I got the Parallels trial and converted my VM (which was really my Boot Camp partition). Control+click is fine in Windows. That was enough to get me to buy it. The problem must be VMware's to fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.