Turn off Gamut Warning in FCP X viewer window

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by slater-k, Jun 26, 2012.

1. slater-k macrumors regular

Sorry - i've been RTFM and trying to search both here and the apple site (down for maintenance) ...

I'm trying to turn off the gamut warning - in the viewer, i'm shown a "colour dot overlay" where the file is black or white (at least that's what i think it is) and i've been looking for ages to see how to turn this off, so that i just see the regular video.

How do i do that?!

Apologies as it's just the most simple thing, but i've been going through all the options and nothing seems to work:confused:

Cheers

2. slater-k thread starter macrumors regular

solved - bug in FCP X

So glad that i'm not as dozy as i thought!

The problem appears to be the monitor profile that is used. Certain ones, usually when made with the Eye1 profiler, cause this problem. It's known and hopefully they'll be fixing in an update soon (says apple tech).

Cheers

3. mBox macrumors 68020

Sorry to hijack but how do you find the Eye1 profiler? Have you ever used it with Apple Cinema 30's? We also use a Flander but not sure if we need to calibrate that.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Just to hijack the thread a little further. Flanders Scientific monitors come pre-calibrated and if they ever need to re-calibrated Flanders will do it free of charge (you just need to pay for shipping as they do the calibration at their factory in GA). Flanders also sells & rents the calibration gear, but at $11k retail it's a bit more than most end users are looking to spend. ;)

5. mBox macrumors 68020

Haha thanks Lethal ;)
    No Im sure we dont need our Flanders calibrated :)
    We have a few Apple 30's across Video and Print workstations that might need calibrating.