Turn off iCloud Email Notification?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by System928, Mar 15, 2012.

1. System928 macrumors newbie

Every time someone I'm sharing an iCloud calendar with makes a change to an event, iCloud sends me an email saying the event has been updated. How do I make it stop?

2. tepazo macrumors newbie

Called Apple

Just spoke to Apple about this, they say they need to look into it as it appears to be a recent problem. It's going to their engineering team.

3. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Login to your icloud.com account (web), click the shared calendar symbol on the right of the calendar and uncheck the "email" box.

4. alubman macrumors newbie

Mine isn't checked to begin with, yet I'm still receiving emails when my wife updates events in a calendar she's sharing with me. Same thing is happening with one of my co-workers. Seems to coincide with when I updated my iPhone to 5.1.

5. Superdad1725 macrumors newbie

There are other threads about this as well. It just started in the last couple days.

6. macnewguy macrumors newbie

I noticed this too - but then I thought that maybe if I check the box that means the people I'm sharing with will get an email that I, myself, changed the calendar (for example). Like, by checking the box I'm effectively adding a Push notification FROM me to them.

Or is it the other way around... (head spinning)

7. Superdad1725 macrumors newbie

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I have two shared calendars; mine and my wife. We both have edit permissions on both calendars. On my calendar under sharing (icloud.com) I have the notify me by email when changes occur. For her calendar under my icloud.com account I don't have that checked. Its just the opposite on her icloud.com sharing settings.

So when she adds/changes/deletes an event on my calendar under her account, I receive an email. Same happens when I do it to her calendar. When either of us add/change/delete our own calendars, no emails are sent.