Turn off iPad 2, LCD broken.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kjeham, Nov 18, 2014.

1. kjeham macrumors newbie

Hi guys, new on the forums :)

So my mom dropped her iPad 2 - (Wifi only, A1395 / EMC 2560) - on the floor the other day, making the LCD go black. The fall didn't crack the glass or anything, just killed the LCD. However, it seems that the iPad is otherwise working (recognized when I plug it into my computer) so I have decided to replace the LCD myself. Now this is where it gets tricky.

I can't turn it off, which I'm certain I will have to do before tinkering with it..right? Since it's locked with a code I cant access it through iTunes either. I have the code, but I cant unlock the iPad since the screen is black / doesn't work. I can't do a remote wipe either, because then I'll lose everything on there, which I'm trying to avoid.

What do I do? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Wow. That's a tough situation. Maybe get in touch with Apple and see what they say? If you can't unlock it per se or whatever then you are in trouble.

How much does apple want to fix the screen? They might be in a good mood and help you out for less that you may think. Plus, it'll be done right and have a warranty too.