Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
USA
How did this get there and how do I turn it off? I'm asking for a friend. She doesn't know how she did it and I've used iOS and iPads for a while but can't figure it out.

IMG_1882.jpeg

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
First time I see this, lol (and I’ve had iPads since the first one). I am curious what it is. It’s probably some accessibility feature.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
USA
First time I see this, lol (and I’ve had iPads since the first one). I am curious what it is. It’s probably some accessibility feature.
Me too (first time seeing it not had iPads since the beginning.) She didn't leave it with me so I was hoping it was just something obvious that I was overlooking.

Last edited:

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
How did this get there and how do I turn it off? I'm asking for a friend. She doesn't know how she did it and I've used iOS and iPads for a while but can't figure it out.
View attachment 845196
Weird... Dumb questions, but did forcing a power down or reset help? Was she running the beta? iPadOS has been changing how windows are displayed, maybe something didn’t clear? Is ScreenTime enabled?

It seems odd to have a panel that big just to hold the time...

russell_314

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Weird... Dumb questions, but did forcing a power down or reset help? Was she running the beta? iPadOS has been changing how windows are displayed, maybe something didn’t clear? Is ScreenTime enabled?

It seems odd to have a panel that big just to hold the time...
It's not my iPad and I haven't asked her about it since she showed me so IDK. I doubt she would be running beta just because I don't think she would even know how to get it but anything is possible. I thought maybe an app she installed that did this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.