Turn off keyboard sound, but leave alarms?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Johnny Backer, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Johnny Backer macrumors newbie

Call me dumb, or call Apple dumb, but is there a way to make it so that the keyboard is silent, but that I don't have to constantly have to turn off the "sound effects" to get a silent keyboard and then turn it back on to have alarms that actually sound?

Is there a way to make the two not tied together or some hidden setting? I am of course talking about calender events and not actual alarms in the clock menu.

If there isn't this is pretty stupid to ties these two together with one setting.

2. mihereteab macrumors newbie

Turn off keyboard sound, but leave alarms?

the alarm will still work, even if you turn off the keyboard sounds

Edit: sorry didn't read the whole post, before posting :p

3. ILOVEMYMBP2.2g macrumors regular

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

Me too!!!!

Mee too man, im a student at college and i need my calender on my touch to act like a palm pilot reminder you know, I really hope someone responds to this because it would really help me out a lot!!

4. salimdao macrumors member

salimdao

try Settings, then Sounds, then Keyboard Click: Off.

5. Johnny Backer thread starter macrumors newbie

I have no sounds sub-menu in my settings.

I have a general and in that, sound effects, but that's where I tested it and found out that if I turn off keyboard clicking, then it also means no calender alarms too. I have 1.1.3 btw.

6. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Dumb question, I know, but what is the big deal about the keyboard clicks. do you really use the keyboard so much that it becomes annoying to hear the clicks? It's certainly no more intrusive than if you are using a full sized laptop or desk computor keyboard.

7. Johnny Backer thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not that it's annoying, it's that some typing I would like to do in meetings.

8. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

I count five finger presses to turn the click on/off and return to where you were. I don't understand how that's an unacceptable effort. Maybe Apple could have put an extra button on the Touch case but they didn't. They did, however, provide a way to get to where you can do what you wnat.