Turn Off Notifications for Apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nanogirl21, Feb 3, 2016.

1. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Is there any way to turn off ALL notifications for apps at one time? I get a lot of unwanted notifications from apps. I know when I first launched the app it asked me if I wanted notifications or not. At the time I said yes but, now I do not want them. Having 100+ apps on my device it will be a pain to to through 1 by 1 and turn off the notifications. My device isn't jail broken and I am not interested in doing that. Just not sure if there is a way in the default iOS to do this. There are some (5-10 apps) that I do want notifications for. I want to turn all notifications off, then manually go into the 5-10 apps and turn just those on. Thank you for any help.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can use Do Not Disturb which would silence basically all notifications (aside from calls if you set it up that way), but it doesn't sound like that's what you are talking about. Aside form individually disabling notifications for apps you no longer want to get notifications from, the only other way I can think of is resetting all settings on your device, which would reset notification settings as well, so that when you launch apps from that point they will ask you again whether or not you want to get notifications from them and you can then select not to get them (and only select to get them from a few that you want), but that comes at the price of having to redo all your other settings again.