Resolved Turn off resume?

mrblack927

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Is there a way to turn off this automatic resume crap? When I cmd+Q, I do it because I actually want it to quit and start fresh the next time. I don't want it to "start up where it left off" the next time I start it. It feels like I can never quit:eek:!

Last edited:

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
Just starting using cmd + w instead of cmd + q. Much easier and when you'll actually want resume it'll be there.

DandsM

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2011
Number of recent items: NONE for Apps and documents. And also uncheck "Restore Windows when quitting and re-opening apps".

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
I misspoke. It is this feature I want to uncheck and have remain unchecked:

I don't want to have to uncheck that box every time I shut off my iMac. I want the box to remain unchecked. I don't want the "windows reopened."

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
I misspoke. It is this feature I want to uncheck and have remain unchecked:

I don't want to have to uncheck that box every time I shut off my iMac. I want the box to remain unchecked. I don't want the "windows reopened."
ah, that annoying little feature, not found a way to banish that yet

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
fully agree, hope a fix is found soon to disable this
You have to wonder about a programming environment in which the managers think it is OK to make virtually mandatory a "feature" that many users will find annoying. It's enough when I shut down my iMac to "agree" to shut it down; why should I have to deselect something I will never consciously use? :confused: :D

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2002
London
So let me be clear - what we are saying is there is no way to disable this feature?

Even when I un-tick the button at shutdown - and it restarts without Resume - if I open a program ( Safari ) - it opens all the last windows.....

Poor show - I, like many, want rid of this:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.