Turn Off Twitter Following Favorites/Retweets

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by RichardC300, Oct 1, 2014.

1. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Recently, I've been getting daily notifications of people, who I am following on Twitter, favoriting and retweeting other people that I follow. I've turned this off in a previous version of Twitter (on iOS 7), but ever since iOS 8 and maybe a Twitter update, it has turned back on, and I can't find the option to turn it off again. Has anybody found a solution other than completely turning off Twitter notifications? It's extremely annoying.

2. SamAshleyBlogs macrumors regular

I've turned it off. Multiple times. On my iPhone app and web version. They keep toggling back on. Can't figure it out either but it's absolutely killing me.

----------

Ok, take it back. Just tried something new. I SWEAR this wasn't there before, but in the Notifications section on the app the first thing listed now is "Tweets". Mine had 6 people arbitrarily chosen. Those were the people I kept getting notifications from. See if that helps?

3. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I didn't have any people under "Tweets", but I may have found the answer, because I haven't been getting any undesired notifications for the past couple of days. On the same page as "Tweets", I toggled off "New contacts", "Recommendations" (may be the target issue), "News", and "Twitter Alerts". Also turned off "Other", but I have no idea what that may be. Must have missed these as I was going through the settings before making this thread.