iPhone Turn Off Voice to Text on Keyboard

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
New York
I have an iPhone 4S and I absolutely hate the voice-to-text button in the lower left hand corner next to the 123 button. Is there a way to remove it? A setting that I perhaps overlooked? Some package that will do it? I would prefer to leave Siri on, if it makes any difference.

I have an iPhone 4S iOS 5.01, jailbroken.

Cheers.

Cordster

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2012
Simple solution: its not exactly turning off the button but simply moving it, if you turn on an additional language a globe button will appear between the 123 button and the text to speech button. This solved the problem for me because I was always worried about hitting it instead of the 123 button but now the worst I can do is change the language (which you can very easily change back by simply hitting it again) I hope this helps!

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Simple solution: its not exactly turning off the button but simply moving it, if you turn on an additional language a globe button will appear between the 123 button and the text to speech button. This solved the problem for me because I was always worried about hitting it instead of the 123 button but now the worst I can do is change the language (which you can very easily change back by simply hitting it again) I hope this helps!
That's still annoying and how is it any better than hitting the voice to text?

Leetut

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
NoDictation from cydia just disabled mine on 4s was proper annoying keep hitting that with my big thumbs lol