Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Does anyone know how to turn on iPhone mirroring to Mac? I’ve updated both my devices and I can’t find where to do it. It’s not in control center on the Mac or the iPhone, not in settings, and not in the dock like they presented. It’s not listed as a “coming soon” either.

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
It's not working in the first betas. You can attempt to open the "iPhone Mirroring" application, but it immediately crashes. Just do a search for iPhone Mirroring in Finder and you'll find it.

Fingers crossed it's in the next betas though, this was what I was most excited about.

Reactions: KurtWilde

gleepskip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
Yeah so we can use the Journal.app from iPhone on macOS, seeing as how Apple probably won't ever make this for mac...

They made a sales pitch to game developers, showing all the span of Apple hardware platforms they can target by using Metal. But, Apple won't even publish apps like Journal, Apple TV Remote, Health, and a feature-complete Messages on Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.