Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dantastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
I have turned the auto correct spelling off in system settings and it has worked everywhere except in Mail. Mail is still auto correcting and I have to carefully read my emails over and over to make sure I have the right words in there.

I have trawled through the mail settings but I haven't been able to figure out how to change, apart from turning spell check off completely which I don't want to do.

Icy1007

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Cleveland, OH
I have turned the auto correct spelling off in system settings and it has worked everywhere except in Mail. Mail is still auto correcting and I have to carefully read my emails over and over to make sure I have the right words in there.

I have trawled through the mail settings but I haven't been able to figure out how to change, apart from turning spell check off completely which I don't want to do.

I think they integrated Autocorrect into the Spell Checker in Mail. You can't have one without the other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.