Turn your iPad into a Windows 8 Tablet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nickmar, Oct 22, 2012.

1. nickmar macrumors newbie

I love my iPad but I was curious to find out more about Windows 8 Tablets. I noticed that the most recent version of the Jump Desktop app supports Windows 8 RDP's touch redirection feature. As a result, when you establish an RDP connection from Jump Desktop on your iPad to a Windows 8 computer or Win8 virtual machine, you'll have full Windows 8 multi-touch capability - just like having a Windows 8 tablet in your hands.

I tried it out yesterday and it works like a charm. The Windows 8 Preview version is a free download from Microsoft and it can be installed as a virtual machine on a PC or Mac using a free copy of VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/).

I am not the developer of Jump Desktop, just a very happy long-term customer!

2. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

Great!!

I hadn't thought about those benefits vs Win7. I have been thinking about updating one of my noncritical Win7 PCs to Win8 and this would definitely make it more worthwhile. I use Splashtop Remote, so I hope they update their software, as well. Using Win7 this way is a major headache.