Turnaround time on free shipping from Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CAWjr, Mar 10, 2011.

1. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I'm considering ordering the iPad online tomorrow morning instead of fighting the lines in the afternoon. About how long does Apple's fulfillment process usually take if you go the free shipping route? Would something ordered on Friday get to me in Atlanta on Monday or am I looking at more of a week or more for delivery?

It would be nice to have the iPad in hand for the weekend, but I figure I waited this long, what's a few more days.

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Seriously, I don't think you get see your new iPad till the following Friday. I can't confirm. Saturday delivery is quite expensive for Apple to offer for free. I would expect 3-5 business days. Good luck.

3. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

well on all the iphone 4s last year that were ordered and shipped free we received them a day earlier than launch. I know this was a pre order, however most orders shipped and were delivered in a day. I'd say you'll see your iPad no later than Tuesday, unless they go with a cheaper shipping route.

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

Not only was it a preorder, but they could stage the shipments around the country for a quick delivery upon release. For the iPad 2 release it's not like Apple's going to have boxes waiting in depots and asking the UPS drivers to stick labels on them. They'll take a couple of days to ship and a couple of days in transit.

5. Astacun macrumors newbie

I am in a similar situation. I don't have to have it on Friday, but I will be leaving town for a week on the following Sunday 3/20/11. I am willing to upgrade the shipping. Do you guys I will receive it by then? I guess it all depends on their current stock for online orders.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Best case to ATL if Apple shipped from it's Memphis warehouse AND shipped Friday you would get it Monday. But it really depends on when and from where Apple ships. It's not what you want to hear, I know, but it's the true answer.

7. iMule macrumors 6502

You've got quite a few options (and add in another carrier). Walmart, Target, Best Buy, AT&T, Verizon, and the Apple Store. I don't think you will have a problem.

Last year I got my iPad on release day at 11:00 AM. There were quite a few people there to get iPads. I know of another guy that was able to go to that same Best Buy and get one at 3:00 PM. This was in Atlanta, so with the wide availability, I don't think it will be that bad.

I'm worried about not getting a smart cover. Those iPad cases sold like cigarettes at a motorcycle rally and it took a full month to get one. Just like the bumpers with the iPhone 4...

8. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I ordered iPad 1 last June when it shipped in 10-14 business days. After it finally shipped though, it only took 3 business days to get to me. It went from china, to Alaska, to Florida.