Turned off 3g - now no more dropped calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrnygirl, Oct 20, 2008.

1. jrnygirl macrumors newbie

So what's the point of having 3g if you can't make a phone call. Why do I need 3g anyway? Do I need to switch it on and off when going between phone usage and safari? We've got all this technology in the palm of our hand, but it doesn't work. Any advice? I still love this phone.

2. Nckcard macrumors regular

My 3g does fine with calls and safari..Hasn't dropped a call yet

3. Cask Guest

The more I hear about dropped calls, the more I think it is AT&T's fault in certain areas in the US. I have been using my iPhone 3G in Mexico since launch day, and I have never experienced on dropped call with it. Before that, I had an unlocked 1st Generation iPhone, and I had at least one dropped call daily with that.

4. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Seems like you may just be in a bad area for 3G coverage. Check to see how strong it is in your area here...
    http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/popUp_3g.jsp

5. mutantblack macrumors regular

Bad area I must say. The area I live in has weak 3G as well so I got a lot of drop calls but as soon as I got good 3G signal, no drop calls at all.

6. jrnygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I checked that map and I am in "excellent 3g coverage" area. I just don't get it. Well at least I solved the problem, I'll just leave 3g off until the next firmware update hopefully fixes this!

Thanks for everyone's input.