Turned OFF iCloud

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Jamooche, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Jamooche macrumors regular

I have spent many hours trying to get iCloud to sync my contacts and iCal events between my iPhone and my MacBook Air. Nothing worked. I've tried everything: Delete all events / contacts, imported saved contacts. On, Off, etc. etc.

To make a long story short, I've turn OFF all iCloud features and the only permanent damage was the loss of a few iCal events. I can nicely sync via the cable to iTunes.

If someone can post a link or step-by-step on how to enable it so iCloud works without duplicating contacts and iCal events, that would be great.

So far it either doesn't sync at all (laptop has no sync button I can find), duplicates contacts, or deletes contacts by updating the older data.

2. hafr macrumors 68030

If you enable iCloud syncing of calendars and contacts, you have to disable syncing of calendars and contacts in iTunes to avoid duplicates.

I had the same problem with my calendars at first, and this solved it for me.