Turned out pretty good if you ordered on Day 1

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by PDFierro, Apr 23, 2015.

1. PDFierro macrumors 68040

My 1.3/512 will be here on Monday. So 17 days it too bad. When the store came back online and we all saw May, I think many of us freaked out. I can't complain too much.

2. cschaetzle macrumors member

3. vanimal macrumors 6502a

Pshhh, with all the arguments and the negative comments I've read in the MBR forums over the last week or so. You would have thought people were hurting poor innocent puppies and kittens. :eek: There has been some blood spilled here the last few days lol.

But kidding aside it "usually" turns out if you place rather early you get it sooner than expected "dates" they sometimes give you at first. These pre-orders and dates have been jacked up though. My friend put his watch order in a 3:25am EST as his alarm clock woke him up late. He got a "June" date for ordering 25 mins into Pre-oders lmao. He has faith a few days ago he would get updated for the week of April 24th. I told him NO CHANCE in hell lol. :D

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

If you're in the US... (And Canada/ Australia I think)

5. endac macrumors newbie

What's the advantage of being a tax haven if we don't even get the goods on day one?

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

Ordered a 1.2/512gb 1 week ago. Came 2 days later. Turned out pretty good that it was not a day 1 order.

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

We don't even have an Apple Store here even though the European HQ is here. Big **** you from Apple to Ireland.

8. moxxey macrumors regular

How do you come to that conclusion? Based on your single order?

I ordered about 30 minutes after the Apple Store was updated and my rMB order still states 'within 3-4 weeks' and is due from 8 May!

I'm in the UK.

9. Elise macrumors 6502

Lol I think lots of people ordered on Day 1 and haven't seen jack and they're unlikely to for a while yet...

10. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Not from Apple presumably?

11. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

Many of us in the US get ours next week. I agree, not so good if you are abroad.

12. OllieNZ macrumors newbie

I'm in New Zealand and I get my 1.3/256 SG on Tuesday :D

13. crucius macrumors regular

Yeah, the title is misleading because it only takes into account the US. I don't know if you have noticed, but there a millions of non-US Apple fans who ordered the thing on day one. And we even pay more than you to get it.

14. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I didn't know that click-bait thread titles existed...

15. crucius macrumors regular

And the irony is that the european AppleCare HQ is in Cork.

16. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah I really don't know why we don't have any Apple stores here yet. I keep hearing they're opening stores here and there and lot of them have multiple stores in their countries and wonder why not Ireland.

17. Fuzzball84 macrumors 6502

You can walk out of BB with one if your lucky... I was amazed a BB near me had one in stock today... Just one left lol, not sure how many they got in.

18. noodles5666 macrumors regular

Same here. I was in the Apple Store local to my job and the Apple Rep from the Best Buy near my home jokingly called me a traitor and asked what I was doing in the store. Told him I was looking at picking up a MacBook. He told me his BB had received some in stock last night and with that I said goodbye and headed straight to the Best Buy. Used my Mover's Coupon along with my Student Discount Coupon and walked out with a base model for $1190 after taxes.

19. crucius macrumors regular

Apparently because the market is not strong enough to hold an Apple Store. Here in Portugal, at least, that's the reason we keep hearing. Ireland, though, has a different market, and I'm sure a store in Dublin would be a major success.

20. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I see loads of Macs everywhere and there are several resellers so I don't think that's the case for Ireland either. Dublin isn't a big city but I think it would still do well here and I think they owe it to Ireland.

21. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

Dublin definitely deserves an Apple store. It surprises me that there isn't one. There are much smaller cities that have Apple stores.

22. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Maybe they want more tax cuts.

23. Space Weevil macrumors newbie

Sounds like it could be a supply issue with the keyboards...

US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand all use the US keyboard with a $ key and they are receiving their orders. However, European countries have a different keyboard inc. UK with their £ key.

I doubt it's power supply issue since Australia and Europe use the same 220V/50Hz.

Just a guess. No way to prove it :)

24. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

Probably. I was in Dublin and Cork last year, beautiful cities. Taking a look at what countries do have Apple stores, the list kind of surprises me. All the stores are in first-world countries! Which shouldn't be surprising, but for some reason I thought there would be stores in some of the Central European countries.

New Zealand is I guess right up there with Ireland for not having any Apple stores.

25. Aphid Acer macrumors newbie

Portugal...Ireland... these economies can support luxury tech storefronts?