Home Turning lights off only when last person leaves

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Narked Diver, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Narked Diver macrumors regular

Narked Diver

Hi,

I have my hue lights set to turn on when I come home and separately I have sets up the same feature on my wife's iPhone and this works fine

I would like to be able to turn off the lights using the same feature but only when the last person leaves the house

Currently if I use this feature and I go out while my wife is at home with the lights on she is plunged into darkness which seems to annoy here for some reason ;)

Is there an app that can test to see if an iPhone is still at the location before turning off the lights?

Thanks in advance

2. Narked Diver thread starter macrumors regular

Narked Diver

After some investigation it looks like the iConnectHue app may well do what I require

I'll play with it over the weekend and see

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I did not have luck with the I hue connect app for that but it may have changed. My smartthings hub does that job well.

4. cdavis11 macrumors 6502

It's a big drawback right now.

Nest does this very well for their thermostat with their auto away feature based on multiple phone locations.

5. BrettStah macrumors newbie

BrettStah

For what it's worth, I want to do something similar with our ecobee3 thermostats. When ALL family members leave a chosen geofence around the home, I want the thermostats to switch to away mod, and when ANY family member enters the geofence, I want them to switch to normal home mode.

I found a kludgy way via IFTTT, and it works well. It relies on a 3rd party app though - Life360. And I think an AppleTV is needed but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Anyway, in case it helps, check out the various IFTTT recipes involving Life360 to see if there's one for your needs:
    https://ifttt.com/life360

6. Narked Diver thread starter macrumors regular

Narked Diver

Cheers - I'll have a look into that