Turning MMS on and off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by don pianta, Jun 21, 2010.

1. don pianta macrumors regular

Is there any way to turn MMS on/off?

I wanted to text my friend a picture of my new homescreen and my phone wont let me use MMS... and there is no option to turn MMS on in the 'messages' section of the settings...

2. rritterson macrumors 6502

Perhaps your carrier settings are messed up. In Settings-->Messages I have "MMS Messaging" with a slider (currently set to 'ON')

3. don pianta thread starter macrumors regular

i've tried resetting my carrier data and nothing happens (besides the fact that my phone reboots and resets my carrier data...)

4. draz macrumors 6502a

This is a common problem. You might need to restore your iphone. If that fails then try setting it up as a new phone then restoring it and see how that goes.

5. don pianta thread starter macrumors regular

I dont want to lose all of my settings and texts... will setting it up as a new phone erase all of my information already on my phone?

6. draz macrumors 6502a

When you set it up as a new phone initially yes you will lose all of that stuff however you can restore it from a previous backup.

Note that if you have any music files or photos which are not on the pc you are using to back it up then you will lose all of that information.

If you back it up first then your txtmsgs, calls log info, memos, games, all your app data, phone settings etc... will get copied over. It is mainly just the music, videos, and photos that dont get copied over during a backup.

So force a backup first, then restore the firmware to see if that works. if not then set it up as new and then restore after and give it a go.