Turning off alarts for Game Center?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ozzyman500, Sep 9, 2010.

1. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

So far since launch on yesterday I got about 60 friends so far. If I don't just have notifications off my battery will be killed. What option do I need to just have the little red circle show up and now badges/sound? Is it just alerts? I never really used notifications before, thanks.

Wow...my spelling sucks this early.

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Settings -> Notifications -> Turn Sounds/Alerts off, leave Badges on.

3. ozzyman500 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks man!

4. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

No problem.

I suggest doing that for all apps you don't need alerts or sound for. You can turn off one, all three or just two. Saves some battery I suppose.

5. ozzyman500 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I don't use it too many other times but this Game Center for sure will probably end up killing my battery. thanks again.

6. adztaylor macrumors 68000

7. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Heh - I was looking for the Game Center settings earlier to turn them off and didn't even think about going into the Notifications settings. I have about 120 friends now with notifications that were popping up constantly.

Btw, push notifications don't drain the battery if you get more of them. The OS keeps a single connection to Apple's server(s) that handle all notifications rather than keeping a dozen connections to different servers open for each app.

8. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I've never had notifications on but for some reason when I get a friend request on Game Center, it plays that trumpet sound and pops up the alert. What am I missing :confused:?

9. takeoffeh macrumors newbie

same here, i went to notifications and the alerts have never been turned on. I'm hoping signing out of the game center will disable the alerts.

*solved...sign into your game center account and view Account info, there is an Allow Games Invites option you can turn off.