Turning Off ATV4

DEXTERITY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
dumb question - ATV3 would turn off by itself after a period of no activity- ATV4 does not.

I selected go to sleep after 1hr, but the light stays lit and it doesn't turn off.

Tell me I'm missing the obvious?

Cartaphilus

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
dumb question - ATV3 would turn off by itself after a period of no activity- ATV4 does not.

I selected go to sleep after 1hr, but the light stays lit and it doesn't turn off.

Tell me I'm missing the obvious?
I don't think it's obvious. You control the shutoff interval in Settings. 15 minute up.

DEXTERITY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
Thanks - I figured out what is happening - before if someone was watching something via the disney channel or any other channel - the shows would stop playing after a few episodes or all the episodes were played.

Now, it just keeps looping and plays all night.

Hope that is fixed soon.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Thanks - I figured out what is happening - before if someone was watching something via the disney channel or any other channel - the shows would stop playing after a few episodes or all the episodes were played.

Now, it just keeps looping and plays all night.

Hope that is fixed soon.
That sounds like something that would be a real problem if you have a data cap. I've had some similar issues with my Fan TV, which streams life TV. They also decided it was cool to not have a power button. Now it turns on automatically whenever I use my projector and it is using bandwidth. I've had to unplug it so it doesn't activate when I want to use another device.

A simple power button would have been nice.