Turning off badges

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Oct 20, 2011.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Does anyone else turn off apP badges? I'm thinking of turning them of cuz I have the notification center now and don't really need them to tell me when I have an alert. I hate having a number on the badge. I have to check the message to clear it.

Anyone else?

2. chrism88 macrumors newbie

I have turned them off on most of my apps that i use on both my iPad and iPhone.

Like facebook, twitter etc.

Like you say its annoying sometimes when you have aleady looked at it on another device

3. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

i have this OCD compulsion to clear it. so if i'm in another app and see the banner and determine that the message can wait. i'll have to go into the message app right after i'm done or it'll bother me all day
    not because the message was important. just the fact that the badge is this this large eye sore

4. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

has anyone missed a notification because they didn't have the badges turned on?

i wish the status bar had an icon showing you have a new notification

5. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I've turned off the badges on everything that has the possibility of a banner notification.

If thats not an option on the app (for example ifunny) i found it wont show up in the notification center.