Turning Off Bluetooth + Battery Life Question

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Confuzzeled23, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,
    I am using XP Pro under bootcamp on a Macbook Aluminum 2.0 Ghz. I was wondering if there was a way to turn off bluetooth to conserve battery life. Also, there is a major difference in battery life between Windows and OS X. In OS X I get about 4 - 5 Hours. Whereas when I'm in XP I get about 2 - 3 Hours. Is this normal?

Thanks.

2. sosaysiburke macrumors member

sosaysiburke

it could be because of the power options in windows have you checked that? but i was also intrested the blue tooth im not sure if its on or not by default . because i get

3. sosaysiburke macrumors member

sosaysiburke

it could be because of the power options in windows have you checked that? but i was also intrested the blue tooth im not sure if its on or not by default . because my battery last a little less in windows because i selected preformance in the power preference

4. omarjk macrumors regular

Sorry if this sounds patronising, but do you have bluetooth disabled in OS X mode?

If so, perhaps it can switched off through Network Connections? I've never really thought about using bluetooth in XP but will try to find something to help you out.

5. omarjk macrumors regular