Turning off mirroring without connecting display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymondu999, Sep 12, 2008.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hi all.

The last time I connected my MBP to a monitor/projector, I had it on mirroring. Now, I want to turn off the mirroring, but I don't think I can get access to an external in the meantime? Of course it's not that big a deal if I can't, but is there any way?

Thanks.

By the way - My MacBook Pro is the Penryn one, if that makes a difference.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Not sure what the issue is. What's mirroring if it's not connected to an external?

3. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, basically, the last time I connected it to a monitor, I had it on mirroring, then I disconnected without turning off mirroring. The next time I connect it to something, would it come on as mirrored immediately? I want to turn this off, as I'll be using it with a Keynote slideshow, and I want to use the Presenter's View, with all the "Current slide" "next slide" jazz, and with the presenter's notes.

4. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Just leave your display open next time you connect it although it should remember your old monitor and (if you had mirroring enabled the first time) mimic those settings.

But you can change it in a few seconds so...

6. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah well. The thing was that just I didn't want to let people see that I was using Keynote.:D Oh well:p

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm confused… your trying to turn off mirroring without a screen connected? You can't; you have to connect the screen and then turn off mirroring. And what's wrong with people knowing you used Keynote? :confused:

8. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well it's a long story... But well... I'd really want them not to know that I used Keynote...

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well then set up the projector first and then turn on the slide show, then turn off the projector. When everyone is seated, turn on the projector and have fun. When it's done, turn off the projector before you close the slide show.

10. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah well. I'll just connect, turn off mirroring, then turn on Keynote, then do the presentation, and when I'm done, turn Keynote off, then disconnect.