Turning off/on wifi with bossprefs / 3g 2.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by latintrpt, Nov 23, 2008.

1. latintrpt macrumors member

I just finished jailbreaking my 3g iPhone with 2.2 and i'm having an issue turning off and turning on wifi with bossprefs. If i do it through bossprefs it doesn't have an effect. The only way i can turn on and turn off wifi is going through settings --> Wi-Fi. Anybody else having this issue with a jailbroken 2.2 3g iPhone? I used quickpwn 2.2 to jailbreak.

Thanks

2. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

3. Bitslong macrumors newbie

Works ok for me.. (2.2 w/Windows QuickPwn)

Poof however does not work for me from within BossPrefs (haven't tried standalone) - Does Poof work for you?

4. latintrpt thread starter macrumors member

Bossprefs and i did quickpwn 2.2 w/mac. Poof works for me

5. latintrpt thread starter macrumors member

Just discovered something very interesting. I had biteSMS installed and i uninstalled it and now my wifi toggle works within bossprefs. Really weird. Any comments on that?

6. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

My WiFi toggle in Boss Prefs works but the Big Boss app "WiFi Toggle" (stand alone app) quit working with 2.2

7. pj rage macrumors 6502

Haven't tried bossprefs wifi toggle, but the wifi toggle for sbsettings doesn't work for me either.

8. bushido Suspended

bushido

cant get wifi to turn off using bossprefs on 2.2 either

9. pj rage macrumors 6502

The latest update to sbsettings last night works for phone and wifi toggle now.

10. krayziekray macrumors 6502

I was having the exact same problem with the wifi toggle switch in BossPrefs. Uninstalled biteSMS last night and bam ... started working again. Just wish i read your reply last night :mad:

:apple: KrayzieKray :apple:

11. arvee macrumors newbie

bitesms

Bitesms is a culprit. I also have read somewhere to get rid to make other appls work !~!

12. JazJon macrumors newbie

uninstall ByteSMS = Fixed !

I'm glad I googled this thread. Same problem, WiFi toggle wouldnt work in BossPref. I uninstalled ByteSMS and now it works again! I'm going to try iRealSMS 2.0 for now. (even though it's not free, I'll see how I like it)