Turning off SMS alerts on lock screen

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Benjamindaines, May 10, 2009.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I have Lockscreen Info installed on my phone, which shows the texts I have received, and I would like to disable the text alerts that show up on the lock screen. However, I still want the alerts to pop up when the phone is unlocked, and I obviously still want the vibrate and audio alert. How can I go about doing this?

--Thanks.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You can turn message preview by enabling a passcode on the phone, and just set it for every 3 hours, I hope that is what you meant. Other than that, there is no way to completely disable notification, without jailbreaking.

3. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Wrong. Set a passcode, after that, there is an option to disable Text message preview. Turn it off, then take your passcode off. Job done

4. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

What he means is that he doesn't want the notification pop-up at all! as the message is in displayed in his lockscreen. This can be done with iBlacklist of Cydia. It's in extras I believe and just SMS notification off or something. This will still play the sound and vibrate but no notification will appear on the screen.