Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bebo

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Simple thing...

But with iOS 10 now, when the alarm goes off in the morning I've found it very difficult to turn it off compared to prior versions of iOS. I usually get up fairly quickly with it, albeit half asleep, but takes so long to turn off it tends to wake up the rest of the house (like 5 am early some days...).

Am doing something wrong? What I am missing?

Also, if I forget to turn off a later alarm and I happen to be using the phone, I'll get the drop down notification about the alarm while its going off, but no way to snooze or silence the alarm clock.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
IMG_0015.PNG
Simple thing...

But with iOS 10 now, when the alarm goes off in the morning I've found it very difficult to turn it off compared to prior versions of iOS. I usually get up fairly quickly with it, albeit half asleep, but takes so long to turn off it tends to wake up the rest of the house (like 5 am early some days...).

Am doing something wrong? What I am missing?

Also, if I forget to turn off a later alarm and I happen to be using the phone, I'll get the drop down notification about the alarm while its going off, but no way to snooze or silence the alarm clock.
The buttons have changed to make sure you don't cancel as easy as before which was annoying.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
you mean after pressing stop it goes on for 5 seconds?

regarding the alarm when you're using the phone unlocked, swipe down on the notification, or possibly 3D touch it if you have that (not sure as i don't) and this will reveal the options

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.