Turning on iPad 4 for First Time Wi-Fi help!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Evilphil, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Evilphil macrumors newbie

I am in quite the pickle. I'm turning on my work ipad "4" for the the first time, trying to get it set up. I'm trying to get my wifi connected so i can get it all setup but the way my work wifi is setup, you don't put in your credentials in the network settings you put in the login/password when a web browser is launched.

Is there way to get connected with out safari? hopefully someone can help me out ASAP!

always appreciate the help!

~eP

2. Evilphil thread starter macrumors newbie

Subscription WiFi

I do believe this is called "subscription wifi"? Please, I hope someone can help me.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I've never had to do this while setting up an iPad, but I believe with iOS 6, a little login window pops up when you try to connect to a network that requires login through a browser. Have you tried going through the setup process on your iPad?

Also, you say it's your work iPad -- isn't there someone at your work to help you set it up?

4. Evilphil thread starter macrumors newbie

No one is here to help - and no little window has popped up.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Are you trying to restore from a backup, or set it up as new?

If setting up as new, can't you just skip the wifi network settings for now and deal with it later?