Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
i am leaving one of my iphone 4 in my house while ill be on vuaction for a week i was wondering if there is an app i can install on it which can take pictures or videos from the front camera and post it on some site or is there is a way to remotely activate the camera... some thing along nanny camera.

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
i am leaving one of my iphone 4 in my house while ill be on vuaction for a week i was wondering if there is an app i can install on it which can take pictures or videos from the front camera and post it on some site or is there is a way to remotely activate the camera... some thing along nanny camera.
There's an app for using your laptop's camera as a nanny cam, you can watch and record it live on your iPhone. App is called iCam. I think it's $5. Works great, but maybe not for your needs.

You can ask in their forums, the skjm.com forums.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
There's an app for using your laptop's camera as a nanny cam, you can watch and record it live on your iPhone. App is called iCam. I think it's $5. Works great, but maybe not for your needs.

You can ask in their forums, the skjm.com forums.

thanks !!! ill like it the other way ... from the iphone to the laptop or possibly to a remote site ..

allaboutmusic

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
I know this doesn't answer the original question, but I'm not sure I'd want my iPhone 4 left on view at home while I was away for a week...

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
I know this doesn't answer the original question, but I'm not sure I'd want my iPhone 4 left on view at home while I was away for a week...

i am going to Canada from USA and will only need one phone as its on roaming.. i was thinking of using my other iphone as a spy camera so i can time to time get videos or pictures from home

ivan300

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010
Its there. Its a premium feature though

Attachments

• ilocalis.png
    ilocalis.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 2,328
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.