Turning on MBP in Clamshell Mode?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boba7523, Dec 11, 2011.

1. boba7523 macrumors regular

I have a 2010 MBP with OSX Lion and I have been using an external monitor for some time now. The way i use it is I open the MBP lid and press the power button, then close it again to use my MBP. When i shut down, i just simply click shutdown in the OS, but the next time i turn on MBP, i have to open the lid again and press the power button...

I use both bluetooth Apple Trackpad and Wireless Keyboard. Is there like a power button on this keyboard or something so that i can just press it and the MBP will turn on without me having to open and close my lid every single time?

2. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

No there isn't.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, there isn't. But why are you turning it off? You can just put it to sleep, instead. Just make sure you don't run in clamshell mode for too long at a time, as your battery needs to be exercised to stay healthy. Unplugging from AC power and running on battery for a while a few days a week is advisable.

4. pat park macrumors 6502a

THis.
    i just put it to sleep when I'm done. Mostly use my MBP w/a a monitor at the office. At home it's a laptop and mostly battery use. This dual life for my MBP seems to be the best way for me.

It gets battery use at home, plugged in clamshell mode at work.