Turning on mighty mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by itsliz89, Aug 14, 2009.

1. itsliz89 macrumors member

Hi, I just bought a mighty mouse and I have difficulty sliding the mouse on. It slides off easy enough but there's more resistance sliding the mouse down (on). I can't get it down without destroying my nail and finger. Is this normal? :(

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

It shouldn't be THAT difficult. Sure, it clicks into place, but if it's REALLY hard to slide down, then take it back or call Apple. It's under warranty.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

just leave it on all the time. I hardly ever switch it off except when i clean it.

4. itsliz89 thread starter macrumors member

I bought the mouse at Best Buy so should I bring it back to them, Apple, or does it matter?

5. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Hahaha, thanks man for taking me back to my first day with this mouse. Man it was a real experience taking it out of the box and being engulfed in it's mousy magic (As with every Apple product)

I thought "it's on a rocker, that's why it doesn't have any buttons, rock it one way it counts as a left click, rock the other way it counts as a right click" but turns out there's a touch-sensitive pad that will count it as a right click if you aren't touching the left area of the mouse.

At any rate, yes it's perfectly normal! I had to get used to it at first but NOW (and since after about a month) it should slide open just using the pad of your finger of choice.

Tell me...the trackball...is it tactile? I remember when mine was, now it's loose and sluggish...enjoy it for me...:eek:

6. itsliz89 thread starter macrumors member

I see, so the slider will ease up with continued use?

7. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

YES! Give it about a month, until then keep those nails handy

XD

8. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Perhaps it will -- truthfully I haven't thought that much about it, as I usually never turn the slider off.

But if you do end up returning it, you could return it to Best Buy and just say it's broken, they'll probably just give you a new one. You could also go through Apple to do that, but it'll be a day or two before they could have it delivered to you.

9. itsliz89 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks all. I believe I have 30 days to return to Best Buy so I'll continue using this one and see how it breaks in :)

10. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Listen pal, I specifically remember bringing my mouse to my house with my spouse and she complained "UGH, what's the matter with this thing?! The little slidy thingy is like sooo hard to muve!"

And I was like "Nah baby, give it time, see, plastics, they morph after repeated flexation so it's like next month it won't even be a thing, see?"

About 3 weeks after she left me I was fiddling with my mouse and realized I was actually playing a violin and that my "mouse" was in fact a hydrocodone induced illusion. Afterwards I was playing with my Mighty Mouse and realized I could slide the switch back and forth rather effortlessly using only my thumb pad.

The moral of the story is, when you make a big deal about computer hardware you WILL sleep alone the next few nights, that is if you don't consider Hydro your friend...

11. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

If you're destroying your fingernail on the mighty mouse I think your main issue is a calcium deficiency. Milk, yogurt, tofu, cabbage, are all good sources.