Turning ringer on remotely

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Kurso, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Kurso macrumors 6502

I realize that the mute switch is a physical switch but does it breaking the circuit to the speaker? The reason I ask is I am buying my daughter her first cell phone. Kids easily lose stuff or like her iPod (she left it on a park bench... grrr...) gets stolen.

Even if you can track it to a general location it is still tough to find. If someone has stolen it they will most likely turn off the ringer so they are not outed.

So does anyone know if you can remotely enable the ringer on a iPhone 5 or 5s?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If I'm not mistaken you can make the phone produce a sound through the find my phone app.

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

You are correct.

4. Kurso thread starter macrumors 6502

Perfect. Exactly what I needed to hear (no pun intended). This gives me the tiniest bit more comfort in handing her a phone.

Thanks.

5. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Yep, Find my iPhone will automatically ping if you choose to set it to, regardless if the phone is on silent of the volume is turned down, and keeps pinging until you unlock the device/dismiss the message. It's come in handy often as I'll set my phone down in my room, walk out, and then instantly forget where I've set it down.