turning sounds off (Apple Watch)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gw0gvq, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

How can I turn 'all' sounds off so that the watch just vibrates to alert me , or if I can't the majority of sounds and leave it so only alerts me by sound if the alarm on iPhone or iPhone has a call from someone. Does anyone know or can help please.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Apple Watch app: Sounds & Haptic: Silent Mode ON. The phone won't ring but will Haptic.

3. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

What Julien wrote. Since I purchased my Apple Watch, my phone has only been on silent and the watch only vibrate. Silence is golden. I was on a plane and when it landed, it seemed like everyone had a phone chirping or beeping when they turned on. Well, those with Samsung notes didn't. :)

4. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

Thanks will that allow the alarm and phone to ring still?

5. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

6. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Yes, if you want it to. I set everything to silent and the haptic for alarm and phone as well. I just put the phone switch to silent, but you can still use the phones alarm and phone to ring.

7. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

Thanks, I just tried the phone by phoning my iPhone from landline and it works. I sent an email to myself and that seems to work now I'm off to bed. I'm in UK and it's 01.15am so I'll try the rest tomorrow/later today ;-) But all seems ok up to now.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.