Turnning off automatic subscription

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by godfreyhk, Aug 8, 2008.

1. godfreyhk macrumors member

Hmm I noticed that whenever I replied to a thread, the default action for "Thread Subscription" is Daily email notifications. I almost always forgot to change that to "Do not subscribe", which is what I really wanted, so I ended up getting lots of macrumors emails everyday. Is there some way to change that default? I know I could turn of email notification altogether but I would like to reserve that for some really important notifications or some threads that I really want to subscribe. Any help?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Go to your UserCP - Edit Options then change it to "Do not subscribe"

Then when you really want to subscribe to a thread go to "Thread Tools" on the thread in question and select subscribe

Picture 2.png

you will then have the option to choose what options you want on the following page

Picture 3.png

If you want to remove your thread subscriptions go to the List Subscriptions page in your UserCP from here you have the option to Delete the Subscritption or change the notification type.

I hope that helps.

3. godfreyhk thread starter macrumors member

4. Betelgeuse macrumors member

I'm apparently as blind as the OP. I looked for a while before doing a search and finding this thread.

Thanks, xUKHCx!