Resolved Tutorial to get iPhone 4 running 5.1 back onto 5.0.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Zorn, May 9, 2012.

1. Zorn, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012

Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

I have an AT&T iPhone 4 running 5.1, it was previously jailbroken running 5.0.1. I'm having lots of problems with the tethered jailbreak on 5.1 and I keep reading its easily possible for A4 devices that have previously been on 5.0.1 to go back. Anyone know if there's a good step-by-step tutorial anywhere for this? I've read some articles but it all seems really complicated and unspecific. Would be great to find a good tutorial. Thanks

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You must have hash and APTicket saved for 5.0.1

3. Zorn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zorn

This is kinda what I'm talking about when I say a step-by-step tutorial. I have no idea what that means.

4. JZTech101 macrumors member

JZTech101

As long as you have jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1 and have opened up Cydia, your SHSH and AptTicket will have been saved. To restore to that firmware, you will need to do the following:

1) Download the firmware http://www.getios.com/
    2) Put your device into regular DFU mode by Holding down the Power and Home buttons while the device is connected to power for 10 seconds, then let go of the Power Button and hold for about 10 seconds. The screen should be black. Leave it connected and move on to step 3 (If you accidentally end up in recovery mode, hold down the home and power buttons until the Apple logo shows up, No data is lost!)
    3) Stitch the SHSH blobs onto the firmware. Redsn0w (http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ scroll down to the second post) will do this for you.
    4) Put your iDevice into Pwned DFU mode using redsn0w
    5) Use iTunes and Restore.

5. Zorn, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012

Zorn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Awesome , thank you. Managed to figure it out from here and worked great. I'm surprised it was so easy. Most of the things I had looked up involved tools like Tinyumbrella and complicated steps. Yours was really straightforward.

6. Zorn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zorn

I guess I spoke too soon. When it gets to the Restoring iPhone firmware part, i get "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)."

Anyone have an idea?

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Use Redsn0w fix recovery

8. JZTech101 macrumors member

JZTech101

Did you entered Pwned DFU Mode? It must be in that state in order to restore.

9. Zorn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zorn

I did use pwned DFU mode. After doing the recovery fix things are working and I'm back on 5.0.1. Thanks!