TV Airtunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by oddsocks, Sep 9, 2008.

1. oddsocks macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I'm looking to get a new Mac in the next couple of weeks, which have lead me to looking at all the little extras that are available. In particular I found iospirit remote buddy, which seems a great bit of software.

As I understand with airtunes, you just need to plug a AirPort Base Station to your hi-fi to get the music streamed. Which lead me to think if it was possible to do the same with my tv? I don't really want to go down the route of an additional mac just to stream content to my tv.

Many thanks,

Keith

2. polar-blair macrumors regular

3. JAWWC macrumors regular

If you TV has some sort of audio input on it the odds are you could use the airport express, but I don't think many tv's do. Another option would be the Apple TV which also has Airtunes.

4. oddsocks thread starter macrumors newbie

:( Had a feeling that it would be called Apple Tv.

Will wait until after the mac event later today. Maybe Steve Job will read this post and invent something within a day. I was hoping for a wireless monitor connector, like you get with wireless head headphones :rolleyes:

--------------------

I do have an old mac book, it might even be an ibook G4. Could I use this to connect to my tv? If i'm just using it to stream films etc. from another mac would the processor / memory and graphics card have much bearing on the playback. Or as i'm upgrading my current mac I could sell it and buy apple tv that way.