TV app for MacOS?

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Ar40, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Ar40 macrumors newbie

Will Apple's superb TV app ever make it over to MacOS? I really like the Up Next feature, and would love to have that feature carry over to the computer ecosystem as well. It really seems like a no-brainer and an easy to implement feature (even if it's only within iTunes) and am wondering if anyone knows why something like that hasn't been implemented yet.

2. zedsdead macrumors 68040

that and the News App....not sure why they haven't other than lack of resources...Siri, Maps, the redesigned look etc...are always a little after iOS since that is the money maker at this point.

3. Feenician Suspended

Feenician

TV app is a proxy for other apps and they simply don’t exist for the most part in macOS.

4. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

TV, News, Health, and Activity apps all need Mac versions.

I agree somewhat, but it'd be nice if it could just launch the web apps.

5. Feenician Suspended

Feenician

That’d be good. I think video content providers are fairly cautious and even hostile when it comes to dealing with Apple though.

Agree all those other apps could do with a macOS version too. News is the only other one they might run into licensing issues.

6. Ar40 thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly!

Honestly, I'd be fine if just the "Up next" feature for products bought in iTunes existed. The ability to track multiple TV series and automatically begin playing the next episode without having to press additional buttons in iTunes would be an amazing quality of life improvement.

7. thingstoponder macrumors 6502

thingstoponder

Which I never understood. Web apps are a poor excuse for native ones, especially video apps that require Flash.