Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cpives

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
So the TV app seems to have shown up on my phone with the latest public beta of 11.2 on my new shiny X. But selecting "Watch Now" or "Store" just brings up a spinning wheel an loading.

Anyone else got the same issue?

oOMezzaOo

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2017
UK
So the TV app seems to have shown up on my phone with the latest public beta of 11.2 on my new shiny X. But selecting "Watch Now" or "Store" just brings up a spinning wheel an loading.

I am on 11.2 and i cannot see the TV app.

How did you get this to appear?

Thanks

Cpives

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
I didn't do anything. I restored my new X from a backup of my 7 plus and there it was. It wasn't ever on my 7 plus though

Cpives

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
I'm not that silly. it was the first thing I checked, and it's UK
[doublepost=1510829362][/doublepost]
I'm not that silly. it was the first thing I checked, and it's UK
There was a smiley face in there but it went!!!

oOMezzaOo

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2017
UK
It would be interesting to know if anyone else from the UK has the TV app available? If not yours may be displaying due to some kind of glitch but hopefully that is not the case and it is imminently be rolled out to the UK.

mattysmith118

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2016
South West Wales

This is because you've changed your location in the app store

You need to go into the app store view your Apple ID and change the country/region back to the UK

oOMezzaOo

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2017
UK
That's how i have managed to get it to show as well.

Hopefully it is imminent in the UK although it will probably lack providers at launch as i know Sky probably wont be signing up for it as they want you to access their content their way.

That's one of the main issues that we have with accessing TV content in the UK, it sucks!

Reactions: KennethS

mattysmith118

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2016
South West Wales
That's how i have managed to get it to show as well.

Hopefully it is imminent in the UK although it will probably lack providers at launch as i know Sky probably wont be signing up for it as they want you to access their content their way.

That's one of the main issues that we have with accessing TV content in the UK, it sucks!

Accessing content Skys way is horrible, ugh.

oOMezzaOo

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2017
UK
Once i pay my subscription fee i should be able to access that content in anyway i want but i am severley limited.

I really hope they release a Apple TV app in the near future but i highly doubt it as they want to squeeze as much money out of you as possible with multi-room.

Ah well i can dream.

Cpives

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
This is because you've changed your location in the app store

You need to go into the app store view your Apple ID and change the country/region back to the UK
No I haven't.
[doublepost=1510856189][/doublepost]
I've had it before and pretty sure it is region tbh

Via the App Store settings
It's not. tbh.
[doublepost=1510856250][/doublepost]I seem to have both the TV app and the videos app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.