TV App store

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Wando64, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Wando64 macrumors 6502

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but I could not find anything with a search.

Is there a way to browse the TV App Store without owning the TV?

Thanks

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

3. Albert2000 macrumors newbie

Albert2000

It seems odd to me that there is no web site - Apple run or not - that lists all Apple TV applications with summaries of what they do. Selling ad space on such a site could result in some decent profits for the host. Hmmm.

4. Wando64 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I am trying to make my mind up as to whether to upgrade my ATV2, but the key to any decison is with what is available in the App Store. I might have to resort to spending some time in an Apple Store and browse it from there.

5. freepeacesweet macrumors member

freepeacesweet

Hope this helps https://www.appannie.com/apps/appletv/top/

6. shacky macrumors regular

shacky

It may help if you mention what kinds of apps you are looking for. Users here can probably enlighten you on whats available.

7. unobtainium macrumors 68000

I'm not surprised Apple isn't advertising the current app selection, since it's pretty sad.

No Spotify, no Twitch, no Amazon Video. Major iOS games are missing. It might improve over time, but it's a disappointing start.

8. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

Apple has done plenty of Advertising and there are plenty of good Apps, more than Amazon had after only a few months. The world does not revolve around you, plenty of people have no need for twitch or amazon and plenty of people use apps like infuse and Plex among others