TV app update is horrible for Movies in Library

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by Bushel of Apples, May 20, 2019.

1. Bushel of Apples macrumors member

Bushel of Apples

The picture says it all, now only half of the cover art for the movie poster shows in the (Apple) TV app whereas before it was shown the same as the (iTunes) Movies app. This is horrible! I surely hope they change it back. I've reverted to using the Movies app instead of the TV app for my library, at least for now until a fix, I hope. Maybe they will get a ton of feedback on this and see the error in this problem.

Attached Files:

2. TMRJIJ macrumors 68040

TMRJIJ

...so you don’t like the design of the TV app? It’s the same cover art but banner style. There’s nothing wrong with it.

3. Bushel of Apples thread starter macrumors member

Bushel of Apples

I like it just fine, except for that one thing, that you can only see HALF of the cover art.

4. TMRJIJ macrumors 68040

TMRJIJ

It looks like The Perfect Storm and Frozen Ground are the two that got noticeably weird cuts. Is that why you’re not using the TV app?
    Bear in mind, these cover arts tend to change after a while and are determined by what the studios give the store vendor (Apple).

5. mnsportsgeek macrumors 68000

The movies app looks like it’s the more accurate cover art tbh. I’ve seen the boxes on a lot of those movies and the movies app is more accurate.

6. melapple macrumors regular

The worst part is that when browsing by genre it combines tv shows and movies. Also, genres are so arbitrary

7. Bushel of Apples thread starter macrumors member

Bushel of Apples

You must not own many movies (to have many problems) I have several covers that are in Spanish and Chinese for American produced (region 1/A) movies.
    --- Post Merged, May 24, 2019 ---
    A lot of them are weird or just plain stupid by dumbing down the content, for example, "Back to the Future" doesn't even show the car.

8. mnsportsgeek macrumors 68000

Then maybe you should post a picture of those because those weren’t the movies you were whining about.

9. -Gonzo-, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019

-Gonzo- macrumors 6502

-Gonzo-

I can assist with that, some are fine but others are just wrong, also there’s no uniformity across franchise sets.
    Fast & Furious
    [​IMG]

Harry Potters have no uniformity & The Heat
    [​IMG]

The Martian, there is no Extended Edition available to buy in iTunes.
    [​IMG]

Modern Times
    [​IMG]

Mystery Men
    [​IMG]