TV Apps Authorization Issue

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by OriginalClone, Aug 28, 2016.

1. OriginalClone macrumors 6502

OriginalClone

I've had the 4th gen Apple TV since last October and am experiencing a very annoying issue with TV channel apps. First, I authorize the apps on my computer and successfully sign in on the ATV. Then I can watch without problems for a few days to a week later. After that period I get an error message "no authz" when trying to watch programming. This happens for every single TV app and it's annoying when you have 10+ apps doing the same thing. It got to the point where I stopped using the ATV4 and I'm even considering selling it just because it's sitting here collecting dust. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so, do you have a solution for it? I called Apple support and they said there's nothing I can do but restore it and reinstall the apps. I've tried that numerous times..

2. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

Support is correct. For the moment, the best trouble-shooting course of action is to delete and re-install the troublesome apps.

Help may be on the way very soon though, when tvOS 10 is released later this year. Apple is instituting a feature called "single sign-on" that should solve this problem for you. So hang on.