TV & Blu-ray remotes fail after ATV 4 install

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by flyman, Sep 19, 2016.

1. flyman macrumors member

Hi Everyone,

This is a really strange situation....!
    Yesterday I installed a new ATV4 and since doing, the tv remote for my Pioneer Kuro no longer works and remote for my Pioneer Blueray will no longer put the tv into standby mode.
    I've tried replacing the batteries and restarting the unit but its made no difference and having phoned Apple they just said it was a coincidence!
    They were working absolutely fine prior to the install

Can anyone of you kind people here shed any light as to what might have gone wrong?

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

That is very strange -- did you try calling AppleCare tech support?

3. flyman thread starter macrumors member

I did and they checked higher up the chain then said it must be a coincidence!

4. flyman thread starter macrumors member

So heres the latest...

I disconnected everything from the mains and all HDMI's to the TV, ATV4, Sky Box and AV Receiver, reconnected and now the remotes work!

However, while watching a broadcast on BBC iPlayer I lost audio, I checked the connections all looked ok so I swapped over to my ATV2 and it worked.

I put the ATV4 back and still no sound but after turning things on and off the sound came back...I can only assume theres an issue with the HDMI-CEC in relation to the TV, ATV4, AV Receiver, Sky Box and Bluray player?

Anyone any thoughts?...

5. rolsskk macrumors 6502

Have you looked for updated firmware for your receiver?

6. flyman thread starter macrumors member

Thats a good point I'll better take a look!

7. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

It sounds like your ATV is locking up your inputs. Go to menu and shut it down before swapping inputs.

This thing need and off command for universal remotes. It worked with ATV3, so I'm not sure what happened with ATV4. Shutting the unit off should release the HDMI.

8. flyman thread starter macrumors member

Thats really handy to know, if it starts playing up a again I'll keep this in mind.
    Appreciate the heads up...Many thanks, David