TV for monitor

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wcbrownhound, Dec 4, 2009.

1. wcbrownhound macrumors newbie

wcbrownhound

:confused:I have a Macbook and when I hook it up to a 26 in. TV with the VGA cable (I bought the adapter) it will show the wallpaper, but not the dock, or the bar across the top of the computer. It also wont show the mouse movement. It works fine with the Toshiba PC. Is there something I need to do to the Mac. I am a little new to the Macs. Help. Thanks. :confused:

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Maybe you have to select mirror displays, as of now the TV acts as an extended desktop.
    [​IMG]

You can also move the menu bar to the other display.
    [​IMG]

4. knewsom macrumors 6502a

Your computer is probably seeing it as a second monitor, which means that the menu bar and dock are still on your laptop. If you want them to be on the OTHER display, you need to go into the System Preferences -> displays, and drag the little menu-bar icon to the other display.

If you're currently mirroring, or you've already done that, and you still don't see the dock and menu bar, then that means your TV has overscan, kindof an outdated thing, IMHO. There are ways around this though, such as selecting "underscan" under the same preference.

5. wcbrownhound thread starter macrumors newbie

wcbrownhound

My display does not have arangement on it .It only has display and color. The TV is a 26 in. Insignia I just bought at Best Buys. Thanks

6. knewsom macrumors 6502a

No arrangement? ...weird. Have you tried rebooting with everything hooked up and on?

7. wcbrownhound thread starter macrumors newbie

wcbrownhound

Well I just fixed it. I pluged in the tv and the arangement bar came up I clicked it and it worked Thank all of you for letting me shoe my ignorance.Lov Yall