TV in on PowerMac G4

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by djtrippin, Aug 25, 2008.

1. djtrippin macrumors newbie

I have an old Rage 3D Pro pci video card lying around that has an RCA Video In connection on it. I installed this into my PowerMac G4 Dual 450MHz running 10.3.9. If I plug something into the 'Vid In' connection on this card is there a way to be able to see the video in a window in Mac OS X or is this for video capture only?

2. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

In OS 8 and 9 there used to be an app called Apple Video Player that allowed you to watch analog video output including TV at 640X480 resolution, provided that you had a working RCA or S Video feed.

Don't know if it would work in Classic mode though.

3. djtrippin thread starter macrumors newbie

Classic does not support this application, however I do have a bootable installation of OS 9 on that machine, so thats no problem. I have installed Apple Video Player in OS 9 and have a video feed plugged into the video card, but I do not see anywhere in apple video player that allows me to view the inbound video feed. I have installed the extension that was included with the package already and rebooted. When I open Apple Video Player, it just wants to look for media files, and I cannot find a way to point it to the video in connection. Any words of wisdom?

4. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

I'm trying to remember, since I no longer have any machine running this.

There were two windows that you could select from the menu, one the video window, and one which was a sort of control panel for what you wanted to do with the video window. The control panel allowed you to chose playback or record, frame capture, the source, and some adjustment sliders like tint and contrast, etc.

Wish I could be more specific, but it's been a while since I've run this.